Print this page
ROLE & PURPOSE
Agriculture Victoria Services provides an important link between the activities of the Victorian Department of Primary Industries research divisions and the private sector. Through the following activities the company seeks to make a valuable contribution to the Victorian Government’s economic and strategic objectives:
- The protection and management of intellectual property (IP) arising from DPI’s research activities.
- The exploitation of intellectual property in areas where it is appropriate to seek a commercial return and the broader industry and economic benefits to Victoria have been identified.
- The provision of a legal entity through which commercial contract research and development projects, joint venture arrangements and collaborations are negotiated.
- The investment of company funds to maximise value capture and accelerate the delivery of DPI’s technologies to the marketplace.
- The Victorian Department of Primary Industries
- Commercial organisations in the private sector
- Universities, research agencies and other collaborators
- The Government of Victoria and Minister for Agriculture